Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big Brother

So the other day, (which you know in the blog world can mean anywhere from yesterday to last year) I was talking with my little brother who is also my banker and actually he's my big brother, too, because he's taller than me. (This is him right after I told him I was gonna blog about this. Actually, this is the second picture. In the first one he wasn't smiling and he was giving me that please-don't-embarrass-the family look. But then, I think he realized I was seriously gonna blog it, because I drug out my camera to take his picture. Then he smiled. I think he's so cool. One of my favorite brothers.)

So we were discussing our upcoming economic stimulus checks, and I mentioned I hadn't gotten mine yet. He was concerned for me because it probably should have shown up in my account by then.
Anyway, I told him we didn't do the direct deposit because I didn't want to give the government my bank account info or my social security number. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for our government and all the freedoms it provides for us, but I just don't plan to hand over all the identifying info about me and family to just anyone. He looked at me like, What???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Jody, they already have your social security number, they gave it to you!" And you e-filed your taxes last year, so they already have your bank info, too!

Oh yeah. Hmmm . . .

2 comments:

Ginger said...

That's funny, I was gonna say the exact same thing. They already have your social. lol

Kelly said...

Don't you just love it when you are trying to be SO smart and someone comes and burst your bubble!!
Very funny!