Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Camping We Went

Last month we went camping. We LOVE camping, but hadn't been since the twins were 2! This week I will show you just how fun it was. With daily (probably not, but here's to hoping) samplings of the 392 pictures I took in 3 days.


All great Robinson Family Adventures start with chaos. This trip was no different. Mark packed our Suburban in the POURING DOWN RAIN. Some would say that's not the smartest way to start a camping trip... but pack us he did. As a woman who values sacrifice and people who do hard things to bless other people, I was watching out my kitchen window falling more in love with every huge raindrop that fell on his head. (dramatic swoon)

By the time everything was packed, the rain had slowed to a steady drizzle, and with the help of the exposure meter on my camera it looks almost sunny outside.

We were packed pretty tight.

Really tight.


God truly showed his vast mercy to us that day, for when we arrived at our camping spot, the rain had ended and there were, indeed, sunny skies.

To be continued . . .

4 comments:

Vicki said...

COME ON. Your a tease:(( Show us more WE WANT MORE:))

AKA said...

That honestly looks more like "fleeing town" than going camping....

Edward and Gretchen said...

I agree with Amy. I know it was raining but Mark is the most organized guy I know. He literally threw everything in didn't he?

Yes Vicki I want more too. It's been 5 weeks. I have almost given up. She tells me she's been busy putting up corn and canning salsa. But she still calls herself a metro girl, yeah right!

Grandma said...

Love you, love you. thanks for the pictures, chuckles, & great pictures. Glad you are BACK.