Saturday, February 2, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had 3 inches of snow and the wind blew to make some great drifts. It was the perfect day to go sledding. So my mom watched Lydia --literally watched her swing in the swing for an hour while she and my dad played Settlers of Catan. Thanks, Mom! :)-- and I took the other kids sledding.

Finding a great sledding hill in central IL can have it's challenges. Especially when you're looking within a 5 mile radius from home, so if your happily swinging baby should start to squawk, you can go right home.

Soooo . . . I remembered as a child we would go fishing at this great little place called the Clay Pit. I don't know why it's called that, but it is. And I remember having to ride my bike back up the hill when we were finished. I don't remember ever riding down the hill, but if I had to ride back up it, I was supposing there was one that went down, too.
Now, if you're not local, you don't yet know that the Clay Pit is located at the back of the cemetery.

Yep, we went sledding at the cemetery.




And oh! what fun it was.
























Caleb has lately been marching to the beat of a different drum. Singing to the tune of a different song. Silently screaming to be a little different in this world of being a twin and having two sisters. I'm not quite sure how to categorize my children according to the Birth Order book, but Caleb has recently been attempting to monopolize the middle child place.

So after sledding down our great cemetery hill once, he wanted to explore the headstones instead of join the rest of us careening with glee. And in retrospect, I'm very proud to say I just let him do that. I didn't try to convince him that Mommy has not been sledding with him ever in his life and he should be enjoying this super fun activity. Or point out that he was missing the fun his other siblings were having. I just let him wander around the cemetery and find all sorts of treasures none of the rest of us will ever know anything about. We were all happy. . .





Until the children started to rebel against the photographer mother and started throwing snow at me and my lens. They obviously have no regard for their own lives.


1 comment:

Ginger said...

Looks like fun! Claire looks so old in those pics!!