Tuesday, November 17, 2009

That Day I Took 349 Photos...

...in 1 hour, 31 minutes, and 9 seconds. If the counter and timer on my camera can be trusted. That means I was snapping photos at the rate of one every 25 seconds, folks. And I've decided to show them all to you here on this blog.
Ok. Not really. I actually got bored looking through them all myself. And I'm the mother!

And really the event was much better suited for a video camera, as the following pictures will attest. But we did the best we could.




"Did you get that one, Mom?"

And I will admit, I was ever the encourager when it came to activities like these:



Because you're only a kid once. And some pictures are worth a broken leg. :) No, no legs were broken at all. Not that we didn't try.



And you know what they say, It's all fun and games until someone misjudges the beginning of the leaf pile and thoroughly drives a stick into their scalp.

So while I was waiting for the tears to dry up and the red eyes to return to normal color, I changed subjects. Thank goodness there's always another kid around these parts.

And this one was particularly fun to photograph.
Because she wasn't paying any attention to me and was having a blast.

If you want to know the truth, she was sick with that flu. Have you heard of it? H47Q956? Or something like that. Anyway, her fever was down below 101, and I thought the sunshine would do her some good. Come to find out, having a child play in the leaves when they don't feel well is not always the smartest thing to do. She had a relapse and slept for 3 hours that afternoon.

But, oh, did we get some good pictures!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Good pics!! Poor Claire. I bet it Tanner were there he would have used a box of kleenex to clean her nose like she did for him, all those years ago:))

Ginger said...

Is there a kid in that last pic?? lol