Friday, June 5, 2009

Blast from the Past: Lydia's Tongue


Here's something not very many people know. I think only 3, maybe 4, people in all the world know this little random fact. Here goes:

When Lydia was a baby, she used to stick out her tongue and curl it up on the end.

It was the FUNNIEST thing to see!! And SO hard to get a picture of! Combine snake-like speed with cute baby appeal and the photographer is tamed. I couldn't get a picture because she was so quick that even though I would wait for her to do it as soon as she did I would start giggling and put the camera down because I wanted to enjoy the moment of it.

And then when I started laughing, Lydia would start laughing and would stop the tongue thing. So all the pictures I got looked like this:


But today I looked back on the hard drive to pictures I took a year ago, and this is what I found.

The lone photo of a seriously funny stage in Lydia's development. It lasted about a month if I remember. And I actually didn't remember ever getting the shot.



So here's to Lydia. For keeping me laughing. . . .



2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a cutie!!!!
Fun memories of a sweet girl!

Edward and Gretchen said...

Ok Jody, enough of the baby. Didn't Claire just turn 8. Certainly I got at least a few good pics for you to share. Or strawberry picking? We picked 70 lbs of strawberries. Now that's something to blog about. You just let me know if you need me to forward you any strawberry picking pictures. But yes, I must agree Liddy Biddy, Lydia Ru, Bitty Bitty, Lydia is quite the little charmer. Miss and love you all!