So here's my firstborn daughter. And here's the thing, everybody thinks their own kids are cute. So I'm not going to leave you with just a general, 'Isn't she adorable?!' kind of post. Instead I'm gonna tell you why I love this photo of my beautiful daughter.
1. The messy hair with a braid from 3 days ago. But she wants to keep it in because to her it's still beautiful.
2. Pink. The girl would wear pink every day of her own will and volition. Though the photo doesn't show it, she's wearing a pink dress, a pink coat, striped pink tights and pink galoshes.
3. The cute smile that says, I'm sorta shy, yet I really hope this is a good picture.
4. Her squinty eyes. She's got these baby blue eyes that just can't stand sunlight. EVERY picture of her outside has squinty eyes. I heard that blue eyes are more sensitive to light. Anyone care to confirm or deny?
4. The raw beauty that shines through the mundane day and normal surroundings. (If you consider plucking feathers out of a turkey in the backyard mundane and normal. . . . Bet you can't wait for the next Redneck Reality?!)
Honestly, this is one of my favorite pictures of Claire to date. It will definitely go on the wall at my new Old House!